The Last Seduction (1994)

 IMDB   7.1                       
  

   Jack's Rating :  





The Last Seduction has all the things a good neo-noir needs. It has a femme fatale, who is greedy, has a plan and has no conscience. It has a vulnerable sap who is ready to be taken and it has some great twists and turns as it keeps the audience guessing.

The movie fails for me in that I was never convinced that Mike Swale would have fallen for Bridget Gregory (aka: Wendy Kroy).   Phyllis Dietrichson, Jane Greer (Kathy) in Out of the Past... Ok I get it, man is weak and becomes infatuated and loses his senses. 

But in the movie, Bridget was never attractive to me. She was nasty from the first time we saw her and only got worse as the film went on. In the great noirs, you always understood why the sap was falling and sort of sympathized with him. You saw him going down, but in some way you understood it. In this film I never felt Mike should have been hooked.

Linda Fiorentino was really good, but I never believed that Mike would have fallen heads over heads over heals for her.

Overall, a good movie, but I think the femme had to be more attractive in the beginning before she revealed her true self.



Quotes:

Mike Swale: Maybe it's my quaint small town morals, but I don't do murder.

Bridget Gregory: Look, go find yourself a nice little cowgirl and make nice little cowbabies and leave me alone.

Mike Swale : i just realized that i don't want to be with you enough to be like you. Get off of me.

Lawyer: I believe you Mike, but the jury is going to be looking for electrical outlets.